Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tid
  • Show
Clear All

• Danepak
    replied
    We played OK. Obvious that the team has to gel, but if they can build on this, then it's promising.
    Peeters certainly told them a few things at halftime, as we firmly controlled the game in the last 45 mins.
    Would have taken a draw before the game, but when you're up 1-0 with 6 mins to go AND you had the chance to close the game (hit the crossbar - open goal), then you're gutted.

Have a look at the massive chance (03.25):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFsvqZxzgkI&t=3m25s

Vetokele was good, by the way (very very good).
    Last edited by Danepak; 11-08-2014, 22:12.

Leave a comment:

• Linkert
    replied
    Well, I was in France, sorry :)

Leave a comment:

• Danepak
    replied
    Oprindeligt indsendt af Linkert Se indlæg
    Sorry for the late answer... Peeters has not done well as a trainer, it's clear this is just a choice by Duchatelet. People are surprised by this decision as he hasn't proven antyhing, even more, he had the biggest losing streak of coaches in highest division in Belgium since a very very very long time. I wish you very good luck with him :-)
    Super rare appearance for Charlton (away to Brentford) on the box (in various countries) on Saturday, so a stream is certain.
    Last edited by Danepak; 08-08-2014, 09:45.

Leave a comment:

• Linkert
    replied
    Thumbs up :)

Leave a comment:

• Onkel Riffel
    replied
    Thanks. We need a striker more than a playmaker. If we sign him, it will be as a striker, no doubt.

Leave a comment:

• Linkert
    replied
    Oprindeligt indsendt af Onkel Riffel Se indlæg
    Hey Linkert.
    We have Eidur Gudjohnsen visiting today. The story is that he just needs a place to train for few days, but it sounds a bit strange. What can you tell us about his time in Club? Did he play as a striker? And did he start the matches? His scoring stats are not that impressive.
    Well, he is obviously getting pretty old, but when you play him as a playmaker, he will play his best games. He didn't play many games for Bruges unfortunately, he didn't fit in the coach's system. But he can add something to teams of our level so I think he would be a good addition to OB. I hope he signs, maybe I'll buy a new shirt to replace the one from Gislason :)

Leave a comment:

• Onkel Riffel
    replied
    Hey Linkert.
    We have Eidur Gudjohnsen visiting today. The story is that he just needs a place to train for few days, but it sounds a bit strange. What can you tell us about his time in Club? Did he play as a striker? And did he start the matches? His scoring stats are not that impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Linkert
    replied
    lol :D

Leave a comment:

• Danepak
    replied
    I've read that supporters of other clubs in the past (when Peeters played as a striker) jokingly told the Millwall supporters that they had one of their 'top boys' up front.
    (He does actually look like one).

Leave a comment:

• Linkert
    replied
    I hope (for you) that he surprises and does well :) But his reputation is not good. I remember him injuring himself during a celebration after a goal, he had to be substituted immediately :D

Leave a comment:

• Danepak
    replied
    Linkert, doesn't sound good.
    Guess we'll have to wait to the 9th August and see.
    I'll be happy to stay up this season.

Leave a comment:

• Linkert
    replied
    Sorry for the late answer... Peeters has not done well as a trainer, it's clear this is just a choice by Duchatelet. People are surprised by this decision as he hasn't proven antyhing, even more, he had the biggest losing streak of coaches in highest division in Belgium since a very very very long time. I wish you very good luck with him :-)

Leave a comment:

• Danepak
    replied
    Linkert, do you know anything about Bob Peeters?
    For unknown reasons, Jose Riga has left.
    Roland Duchatelet is not a popular man at the moment.
    And now it looks like he's bringing an ex-Millwall in (Peeters).
    I repeat: Roland Duchatelet is not a popular man at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Danepak
    replied
    You bet

Leave a comment:

• Linkert
    replied
    Congrats, read about it. Riga was a nice man, not a typical Standard-coach full of frustrations. Let's hope Duchatelet spends all money in Charlton, and nothing in Standard ;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X