Season 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Tid
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2013-2014

It's getting to an end now. Play offs have started good with a 5-1 win over Lokeren, but then lost 3-0 in Anderlecht and last Saturday 2-1 in Zulte.

1. Standard 38
    2. Zulte 36
    3. Anderlecht 35
    4. Club Brugge 35
    5. Lokeren 27
    6. RC Genk 25

Wednesday Club - Genk, Monday Club - Standard.
    Last edited by Linkert; 22-03-2015, 12:53.
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Welcome back. We were afraid we had scared you off with the new forum.

Are those the last two games of the season?
    "Ohne sauhunde geht es nicht!" - Maik Franz
    Kluden Krew - O'ense Internationals

Comment

No. Still 7 to go in total. Everything is possible.

Comment

And no you didn't scare me off :-) I didn't even know there was a new one. I just have been so busy with school (and travelling :) ).

Comment

2-0 victory over Genk last night. Not a great game, but we deserved the 3 points. Let's hope Standard loses tonight, then we're on top of the league at least until Monday.

Comment

Standard were 0-2 down, but with only 14 minutes to go they came back to 2-2. Still one point ahead of us, Monday Standard at home, time to get over them to first spot. COYB!!!!

Comment

Hi Linkert,

My other team, Charlton Athletic, is now owned by a Belgian (Roland Duchatelet), who also owns Standard Liege.
              What's your opinion about him?
              He's sent a few players straight from the Standard bench up to Charlton. We're not sure about his 'project' (he owns a few other clubs).
              Åh Syd-London
              Er dejlig smuk
              Åh Syd-London er dejlig smuk
              Fyldt med p*tt*r, f*sse og Charlton

Comment

Oprindeligt indsendt af Danepak Se indlæg
                Hi Linkert,

My other team, Charlton Athletic, is now owned by a Belgian (Roland Duchatelet), who also owns Standard Liege.
                What's your opinion about him?
                He's sent a few players straight from the Standard bench up to Charlton. We're not sure about his 'project' (he owns a few other clubs).
                We all agree he doesn't know a bit of football, but he is a very good business man. People are quite sceptic about him here in Belgium. The Standard fans all wante him out at the end of last season, they started petitions, made anti-groups and demonstrated against him. He told he would sell the club if anyone wanted to buy him, but then he started buying some good and expensive players to highten the value of the club and no one wanted to buy it. Now he's still there but the fans seem to be a bit calmer now (probably because they're in first position), although last night they broke in the clubhouse to demand the resignation of trainer Luzon.

Comment

My biggest fear is that we'll end up as a feeder club for Standard.
                  But then again...from a money making perspective, it would make far more sense having a club in the Premier League (Charlton), year after year, compared to a club in the Champions League (Standard).
                  We're in a big relegation battle at the moment. If we get relegated to League 1, I don't know what his plans with us will be.
                  To be frank, I don't know what his plans are either, if we stay in the Championship.
                  But as you wrote, he's managed to take Standard up to the top of the table (that's encouraging) .
                  Hopefully he'll be able to do bring stability to Charlton Athletic and bring us back to the Premier League one day.
                  Last edited by Danepak; 18-04-2014, 11:23.
                  Åh Syd-London
                  Er dejlig smuk

Comment

I'm under the impression all teams are like feeder clubs. His wife also owns Belgian 2nd division team St. Truiden. Duchatelet owns more clubs too, Carl Zeiss Jena, AD Calcorcon and his son owns Ujpest FC.
                    But if Charlton makes it to the Premier League, he did a great deal off course. But we'll have to see about that first...

Comment

True and yes, well aware of the other clubs too.
                      Only time will tell.
                      Åh Syd-London
                      Er dejlig smuk

Comment

Well, good luck anyway :-)
                        I'm gonna see Aston Villa - Hull City in 2 weeks, 3rd time to Villa this season, haven't seen them won a single game live in my whole life, let's hope they give me one then.

Comment

Oprindeligt indsendt af Linkert Se indlæg
                          Well, good luck anyway :-)
                          I'm gonna see Aston Villa - Hull City in 2 weeks, 3rd time to Villa this season, haven't seen them won a single game live in my whole life, let's hope they give me one then.
                          I know that feeling very well.
                          In the A-League, I follow Wellington Phoenix. Took me 11 games, before I saw them win a game (27th December 2013), while I was actually there. Before then, I had witnessed 6 losses and 4 draws.
                          Åh Syd-London
                          Er dejlig smuk

Comment

You live in Australia? I have a friend in Orange :-)

http://www.warvisitorslinkhout.be/eng/jenkins.php

Comment

Yep. (Only) 9 hours drive between Orange and Melbourne :-)
                              Åh Syd-London
                              Er dejlig smuk

Comment

Working...
                              X